Am I alone or is this normal

Yeasterday I reached my limit with everything working full time, being mom , chores everything. I was so upset by the end of the day all I wanted to do was scream and run out and be by myself for a few hours. I feel like sometimes I have forgotten who I am enstead I am a wife, a mother, a cook, a house keeper ect.... I love my family and my kids are my world but I feel like I need a break sometimes. Everytime I try to get out of the house for some alone time something always happens that makes me feel guilty about leaving and I end up staying home or while I am out I watch the clock and worry that my husband will get mad because he has to handle the kids and I should be at home doing it. I feel guilty for wanting a break.....I can't handle the whole load and di it myself I am not wonder mom or wonder wife I am just me...that is if I know who me is anymore.....

Thumper02

Asked by Thumper02 at 3:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• {{{HUGS}}}

It is normal to want ME time.. It is like you are on an airplane that is going down. YOu have to take the time to put on your own oxygen mask first.
    When we balance the roles of Mom Wife Emploee Cook Maid Driver.. we often forget the role of "SELF"
    Take a break enjoy it, know you earned it.
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 3:32 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Yes thats completely normal. You really have to make yourself do it. You will constantly resent your husband and family and duties if you dont make time for you. Get it all in order before you leave. Make sure everyone knows their role and what is supposed to be done and then GO. Go do what you have planned and dont worry about them. I regularly go off with my SIL or by myself shopping or running errands and I will NOT feel guilty about it. I simply cannot afford to feel guilty. This is for your sanity and you become a better mom when you return refreshed and having taken time to think and wind down. So look at it from the perspective that it is FOR THEM. They get a better mom and wife. You should never feel guilty for leaving for periods of time to get yourself under control. I know its hard to NOT feel guilty, but begin practicing by just DOING IT. Good luck. Yes, I know how you feel.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:34 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• WHAT YOU ARE FEELING IS TOTALLY NORMAL, IT IS OVERWHELMING, AND YET WHEN OFFERED A BREAK WE FEEL GUILTY ABOUT IT, IT HAPPENS TO MOST OF US. GO WITH THE FLOW, IT WILL GET BETTER.

Answer by older at 3:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2009