Unexplained infertility

Yes, I've accepted it. I have one daughter (seventeen), who's my only. I have not taken any type of birthcontrol my entire life, and my innerds look healthy by the doctor.

I'm no longer trying to have a baby. But how can I answer to myself when I see people needing birthcontrol (or having 5 kids by age 25)? I have much humor in myself when I ask, "how is pregnancy accomplished by having sex, and if it's really done that way"? By the way, I do get shots of sperm inside.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I dunno. I ask myself the same things. With baby number one, it took us 2 years of TTC before I got preg. As soon as I had her and could have sex again, we started TTC again. It's been 7 months and still nothing. :(
    Anonymous

• You know, It is a mysterious thing. I went for 5 years with unprotected sex. We weren't trying, but we weren't not trying. No pregnancies. Then I take a travel job for three months, DH couldn't come along, and then I get pregnant after one time. I also got pregnant right after my period came back after having my son. (took 9 months to come back, BF was great!) It happens when it's unexpected and sometimes it doesn't. I know that if you are healthy and your relaxed it happens sometimes easier.
    Anonymous

• OP here - It's too late for me, if not by age, but by lifestyle. But there's been times that I have been very relaxed, and wasn't successful, throughout my years. My sister is in her late 30s and got pregnant while on the pill. She has just given birth, and it's a boy. I lost a relationship last year because the guy was desperate for a son, and I was too slow to provide.

Not that I'm trying, because I'm not and I've accepted it. But some deep frustrations and heart break are resurfacing.
    Anonymous

• I hear ya. My first was a pill baby and I took it religiously. My second we tried oh for about 3 weeks and bam. My third 5 years TTC and several fertility doctors, some clomid and she's here. They just can't explain why I stopped ovulating.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My gynie told me over 50 percent of women suffer from something called secondary infertility. It is unexplained. I too had this issue. Had my first three like falling off a log. Then when my youngest was 12, tried to have another...nothing. I had check up after check up and even did a round of chlomid. Still nothing. Finally I saw an endocrinologist. I had such bad thyroid problems I had to have my thyroid sugerically removed. Almost one yr to the day of my surgery, I was prego with #4 and 13 months after he was born along came #5.
    Anonymous