what is the next step in what my 10 month old is doing (walking)?

She can cruise good and can stand alone about 10 seconds. is the next thing she'll be doing is trying to take her 1st step? any moms going through this now?

bluerose26

Asked by bluerose26 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 10 month old is cruising too and just starting to try and stand by himself. I pretty positive the nature next step is walking. I am just waiting.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:46 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Yes! My DS is 11 months and is taking his first steps. We bait him with something shiny and he walks without realizing it!
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 3:52 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My lil guy will be 8 months on wed (7-29) and is cruising already too. Hes also just figuring out how to stand alone, although today took a nice little face dive, he's still gaining balance. I'd give her things that are only a couple steps away to work with. Like maybe a table toy thats only a step or two from the couch. that type of enticement might help. I cant wait for my little one to start running around!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 4:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Yes !!! Natalie is 10 months and she is walking only if she grabs something to keep her without falling ( I see her grabing the couch, my legs, a chair to help herself to walk)
    She only can stand up for herself for like 10 seconds and then she falls in her little behind!!!! : )
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 9:14 AM on Jul. 29, 2009