How long is too long for tummy time?

My daughter is 4 weeks and 6 days old and LOVES tummy time! But I'm not sure how long is to long to do it. I don't want to let her do it TOO long and she hurts herself. What do you think?

CrystalJanie

Asked by CrystalJanie at 3:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She will let you know when she is sick of it! Tummy time is good for babies - their bodies will let them know when they are pushing too far, too soon and then she will let you know. Infants don't twnd to suffer in silence :)
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 3:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• When they start to scream! Lol. If she loves it don't worry about it. She will let you know when she is done. Trust me!
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 3:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• She is not going to let herself be hurt. Tummy time is better for her than being on her back all the time. She needs to develop core strength, and lying on her back is not going to do that. The more she's on her tummy, the stronger she will get.

Don't be surprised to find her sleeping on her tummy! Let her be...let her sleep.

Anonymous

• i agree baby is fine until she cries- my 2 month old hates tummy time
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2009