Ever heard of recission?

http://baselinescenario.com/2009/07/27/health-insurance-innovation/

The This American Life crew, once again proving that they can cover any topic they want better than anyone else in the media,* has a segment in this weekend’s episode on rescission of health insurance policies – insurers’ established practice of looking for ways to invalidate policies once it turns out that the insured actually needs significant medical care. (The segment is around the 30-minute mark; audio should be available on that page sometime on Monday.) The story describes a couple of particularly egregious cases, such as a woman who was denied breast cancer surgery because she had been treated for acne in the past, and a person whose policy was rescinded because his insurance agent had incorrectly entered his weight on the application form.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 3:52 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am more grateful for Tricare every single day..
    Anonymous

• And I believe this would be common practice IF ObamaCare (as is currently written) were to pass! Managing the health of 300,000,000+ people isn't going to be cheap!!!

What better way to save money than to deny payment for people's health care?! In the TennCare article I posted last week, the state "had" to de-enroll 200,000 people and slash benefits in order to try and save money!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2009/07/22/tenncare_lessons_for_modern_health_care_reform_97570.html

From the link:

Governor Bredesen was ultimately forced to dramatically restructure a program he has since called "a disaster". By 2006 Bredesen had disenrolled nearly 200,000 people and slashed benefits.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:01 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

I guess you don't get it. its common practice TODAY!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:50 PM on Jul. 27, 2009