please give me advice....

We just moved into a new house.......the house is tile throughout the entire home. I have a baby who likes to crawl and is soon to be walking.......what can I do to prevent her from falling on it or getting hurt......maybe put a compfortor in the floor while she is crawling? she dont stay on it long! Will the tile hurt her knees? she is 9 mo

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The tile shouldn't hurt her knees while crawling but what about a rug for certain rooms?
    lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 3:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• We have some rugs........but they dont cover the entire rooms......she dont stay on them for long!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• don't worry, she will be fine! my daughter runs around like a maniac and crawled on tile and carpet and she was fine, as for if your really worried, just keep longer pants on for her knees. but either way she'll be fine, also for running, they fall but its okay. they are going to fall on all types of surfaces, like gravel and concrete. she will be fine :) good luck and don't worry so much. children are resiliant
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 4:19 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• She'll be fine. She has to fall to learn how not to fall. The tile won't hurt her knees any more than carpet (rug burns).

Let her be, let her move, let her learn.
    Anonymous

• This is why a child's knee caps aren't developed yet. They don't have their knee caps until they are 2 therefore it won't hurt there knees as much to fall as it would us. I did see at a consignment sale that I went to that someone was selling baby knee pads. If you wanted you could probably find those somewhere.
    Anonymous

• I'd hate to see it when she learns to walk. She might crack her head open. I hate tile.
    Anonymous

• My house was the same way, and my son would crawl with is hand and his feet. When his kness were getting sore. He did not seem to mind.
    scarlett751

Answer by scarlett751 at 5:51 PM on Jul. 28, 2009