What do you wish you had gotten at your baby shower?

My brothers GF has her baby shower (this is her first baby) coming up and I want to make her a gift basket of things that are kinda unconventioanl. I want it to include things you wish people would of told you that you gonna need. I am gonna include a bottle of spray-an-wash, Tylenol, ect...She is having a boy BTW if there is anything that would be great from a boy. Ideas people!!??

Nolas.Mommy

Asked by Nolas.Mommy at 3:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• Im interested in this question because Im having a baby shower soon and a little boy as well. SRY I cant answer your question but I might find it very helpful to me!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 3:59 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I wish I got a mini swing. One of those ones that can travel with you where ever you go. I know that will not fit in a basket!
    But yes you can get diaper ointment, teeth cleaning for babies, changing pads to change babies in public, Tylenol, teething tablets (they work great when teething!), if nursing? nursing pads, gel to help with cracking, hand sanitizer. I can not think of any thing else right now but will come back and let you know if I do! Good luck with that shower!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• a boy!!! banaids, leg wraps, eye patch, diaper rash cream, ointament, army men, make a thru a little boys life, that would be so cute.. get things she will need for later.. everyone buys first time mama things for now..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 4:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Those little teepee things to make sure she doesnt get sprayed with pee lol
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Less clothes! Lol, but you already know that...

Honestly I would have wanted more older babies toys, diapers etc. Newborn stuff is not used for long!

I also would have wanted quarters for laundry!
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 4:11 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• You could do a nursing gown, if she is nursing, and nursing necessities, and a gift card for a pizza delivery..I am sure she will not want to fix dinner one night!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• lol ^ yes good idea with the gift card for dinners...after we had our daughter friends made us a casserole...so nice not to have too cook!
    Nolas.Mommy

Answer by Nolas.Mommy at 5:16 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• $$ Money $$ and diapers
    realtorshelly

Answer by realtorshelly at 8:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Instructions on how to handle them when they become a mouthy know it all teenager lol
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 9:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2009