I drank half a beer last night with dinner- 25 weeks pregnant

and i actually felt like a human being for a while. i won't do it everyday but goddamn it was nice to not be in tears for a while. is that so bad? the baby is kicking and moving just fine today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You're fine. An occasional beer'll be OK.
    Anonymous

• a beer or two a week wont hurt but I wouldnt make it a habit
    Anonymous

• thank you. sucks we have to go anon for this. i had seriously been balling my eyes out all day, i swear, i don't even want to be around me.
    Anonymous

• i don;t agree with your choice but it's your child, damage it if you want
    Anonymous

• I dont mean to hurt your feelings but i was wandering if before you got pregnant you were dependent on Alcohol because if you are desperate enough to drink during your pregnancy there could be something wrong i am not dising you are trying to make you sound bad i was just wandering.
    Anonymous

• Some doctos say 1 beer is fine during pregnancy or even a glass of wine. I drank a few beers one night when I didn't know I was pregnant, probably was only like 2 weeks anyways. I was buzzed, it was like 4 beers probably. I had 1 glass of wine like the next week. I just had my baby 3 weeks ago 8lbs 12oz, and he was over a week early!! Healthy too. I'm also not over weight.
    Anonymous

• Although a half a beer probably won't hurt, there are studies out now (i read them) that show they do not know exactly how much or little alchol will damage a baby. My fertiitly specialist told me it could be a little as one a week even. Is it worth it?
    Anonymous

• I did that too and my baby stil kicking and moving around, I only threw up the next day. But the sonogram was fine, you can see the nose and fat cheeks so no Fetal Alcohol Syndrome systoms.......but you never know.....
    katsogrimey

Answer by katsogrimey at 5:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Having a glass of alcohol a day is perfectly ok during pregnancy. Your baby will be fine. :)
    veg4animals2006

Answer by veg4animals2006 at 7:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• just remember what you consume your baby consumes too. you wouldn't gave a 2 year old beer right, so why would anyone allow their unborn child to be exposed to it. you have to make decisions for your unborn child, make the right ones. if you think you need to have alcohol to cope maybe you have a bigger issue than you thought. get some help.
    KayLidsterItani

Answer by KayLidsterItani at 8:21 PM on Jul. 27, 2009