I'm getting a TON of headaches! Is this normal?

I'm 21 weeks and I keep getting headaches like every other day. I am plenty hydrated and I take tylenol but it doesn't seem to help. The Dr. prescribed me tylenol with codeine but that doesn't do the trick either. With my daughter I never got headaches, maybe it's different because it's a boy who knows? Is this normal? What else can I do?

bethany_smith

Asked by bethany_smith at 3:58 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Im so sorry to hear about your headaches. What seems to help more, hot or cold?? If hot helps try taking an extra long shower when you notice you have one, and make the water as hot as you can stand it, that is what seems to help when I get my sinus probs too...;If cold seems to help more try putting a wet washcloth in the freezer (in a baggie) and placing it on your forehead. The only other thing I can suggest trying is one of those Head On Sticks....they make them for Migranes, and Sinus and also regular headaches. It is worth a shot...they seemed to work for me during my last pregnancy
    swimmachic23

Answer by swimmachic23 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I had headaches every day and the doctor prescribed me the same thing and it still wouldnt work. The only thing that would work for me was a warm wash cloth on my head. Good luck.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• i had countless excruciating headaches, they were a little earlier than you are but they went away. mine is a girl, the headaches would bring me to the ground and nothing helped. stay hydrated like you are and exercise, maybe that will help thin your blood. a cup of coffee or a pop might help
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:01 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I too had headaches while pregnant. I think it is normal! You hormones all going crazy! Just try to take it easy!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• my friend had headaches, her blood pressures was all over the place, never high with the dr though. it also led to toxemia for her too, so be careful and keep complaining to the dr until he/she runs more tests.
    KayLidsterItani

Answer by KayLidsterItani at 8:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2009