I need and really want to lose weight fast any advice! ?

I am 100 lbs heavier then i was 2 yrs ago and i cant seem to get the weight off! i am nursing my almost 5 month old baby so i cant take pills or anything like that! I am also a stay at home mother of 4 so i cant exactly just pick up and go to the gym! so any advice? all is welcome?

Perdy

Asked by Perdy at 4:00 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I know alot about this kind of thing lol working out is my everything!! I used to be over weight since I was little and I started to buy a few videos walking ones preferably. But fast? Tae Bo helps you lose weight quite fast and tone up your body. I know drinking alot of water is great to flush out those antioxidents and can help if you replace high sugar juices and soda with water. Also getting sleep is very important try sleeping around 7 or 8 if you can. Like if your getting some milk out of the fridge lift it a few times before pouring it just to get a littl arm excercize or when picking up toys instead of bending over squat down and pick them up. I also found that drinking alot of fluids in the morning helps out tons!
    . theres all sort of ways to get around the house just stay motivated and you WILL do it I know you will.
    Emo_mommy

Answer by Emo_mommy at 4:47 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Avoid any "quick fix" pills. They are a scam.
    I am a SAHM mom of 4 too. Find ways to work out at home, scedule a time to do it...and do it. Try to make small changes in diet. Drink more water, eat more veggies fruits etc. Join a group here.
    You can do it!!
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 4:15 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Weight Watchers. They have a program designed for nursing moms. And you don't need to go to the gym. Just get outdoors! Walking is one of the best forms of weight loss. So is running.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:15 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• You can't lose weight fast. This is the downfall. If you lose weight to quickly, all you will do is gain it back. Take it slow....Start with a daily food journal and do what is called the crazy 8's. Breakfast is where you are allowed to cheat a little. Eggs, turkey sausages, toast (whole wheat) with a little jam. Drink 8 - 10 glasses of water. 8 vegs, 8 fruits, lean meats, grilled chicken, turkey, tuna, 3 oz's. At 10 ish eat a fruit, 12 eat a light lunch 2 ish eat a veggie or fruit 5 ish dinner. Cut out all foods white. sugars, rice, mayo etc...And should you fall off your diet, forgive yourself. But, the main thing is portion and you have to make the change. Stick with it. Good luck and in two years you will be a new you.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 4:15 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• they have a wii game that lets you exercise at home. it would be cheaper than a gym and your kids can do it too. after this baby i am going to get one. i hope it works as good as my friends say.
    KayLidsterItani

Answer by KayLidsterItani at 8:11 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• When you are cleaning or working around the house, do some squats, lift the kids over head, lay on the floor on your back, have one of them sit between your legs and play peek-a-boo while you do a few set of sit ups. There are SO MANY ways to 'work' in your work outs that you don't need to go to the gym, you have one at home!! :)

Also, make sure, you don't expect too much too fast. It doesn't work. I promise!
    RyansMom0604

Answer by RyansMom0604 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I second Weight Watchers. One of my friends lost 60+lbs using the program. Of course, you have to learn healthy eating habits too.

Is there a school nearby? Take your kids to the running track--they can play in the middle while you exercise around the edge.

Go for a walk or day hike with the kids.

Get a workout video or two and do the exercise at home. Encourage your kids to do the routine with you for some extra fun.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 2:30 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• --Also if you cut calories try to take one day away too binge/eat alot of foods. It helps alot it made me drop quick. and as for the diet pills eh no I tried alot of them there arent good for you the natural way is best. On the hand you do choose to use pills steer clear of things that contain HOODIA it mkaes you loose weight then when you stop taking them you gain more than you lost!
    Emo_mommy

Answer by Emo_mommy at 4:52 AM on Jul. 28, 2009