While taking a shower do you use a different cleanser for your vagina?

I used regular soap or body wash for my body but for my stuff down there I use some vagisil body wash or baby shampoo just something that will not trigger an odor or a yeast infection it seems to work for me...thought I'd pass it on. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• lol no, i use cocoa butter body wash everywhere & i don't itch or stink
    Anonymous

• I use Dove revitalize and it makes my "whole" body soft! not stinky!

Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 4:19 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Vaginas are self-cleaning. You can get an infection by soaping your vagina.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I wash my body with the same thing I wash everywhere else, dial....I dont get YI, BO, or anything else. I cant use anything with alot of perfumes in it, so I stick with what works for me.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I do both. I mostly use shower gels like Suave or Bath & Body Works gels but recently I've started using Vagisil again but not to keep the itch or odor down - cuz regular shower gels do that. However this past weekend I was away on a trip and staying at an hotel where I just decided to use this bar soap I brought with me - it's something I don't use on the regular but anyway I used it for 2 out of the 3 showers I took while I was away and I burned soooo much down there I thought I was gonna die. At first I thought perhaps I just rubbed really hard and should ease up during the next shower and when that didn't work I realized it was the soap I was using. The next shower I took I used my regular shower gel and I was fine. This morning I used shower gel for my body and Vagisil for my vagina, I'm soft and I smell great.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 8:13 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• "Vaginas are self-cleaning. You can get an infection by soaping your vagina. "

ITA
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 9:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I just use whatever I use on the rest of my body. Lever 2000, Coast, Dove, Dial, Avon Body Wash. It seems to all work the same..
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Nope, the cleanser I use is just fine
    Supervane

Answer by Supervane at 11:16 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• LOL! Actually the part that is external is called the vulva, so that is what we wash when we are in the shower. The vagina is more internal, and most of us probably don't do anything with that in the shower!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:55 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I use a sensitive vaginal wash just because soaps irritate me down there so does condoms non water based lubricants.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 AM on Jul. 28, 2009