Nipple stimulation?

So I've been thinking about really trying to do the nipple stimulation. Has it really worked for anybody or do you think it will actually work? I've been stuck at 4cm for weeks now and would like things to move along a lil bit faster so I don't have to get induced. I know it takes for ever, but at this point I'm desperate. I was also told weeks ago my sac was bulging an could pop any minute, but nothin. What ya'll think? My doc said they would induce me at 39 weeks which would be next week. I'm not big on the whole crochet needle up my crotch to break my water if I can speed my labor up naturally. Or atleast try to do it naturally

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• try breast pumping it stimulates your nipples are creates oxytocen which is the hormone that cause contractions and should start your labor.
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 4:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• of course sex is a stimulator too, but if you're just not in the mood i'd walk. and walk, and walk. lol i went for a 45 min walk two days in a row and the night of the 2nd walk i was admitted to the hospital. i was at a 4 for 4 days
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• try to vacuum too. walking gave me terrible back cramps and it was not worth it.
    KayLidsterItani

Answer by KayLidsterItani at 8:01 PM on Jul. 27, 2009