Are 3D sonograms really worth it? Did you get one? How far along were you when you did?

I want to get one but Im not sure when I should get it and if you thought it was worth it?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 4:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes its worth it! I had one done at 31 weeks. He looked great! Has huge chubby cheeks and his daddys nose. We watched him yawn and suck on his umbilical cord. It was so much better than a normal ultrasound. But wait until 3rd trimester cause otherwise they are too skinny and look like an alien not a baby
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 3:42 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• my ob offers them for $150.00 but i don't see paying that much for one when i can see my baby just fine on the regular u/s.. i'd like one but don't have the money
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• i thought about getting it but i changed my mind and figured ill just wait till birth to see who my baby looks like.the money could go 2 something else more important 2 for me. but if u wanna get it then get it.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 4:40 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I think they're freaky looking and never think they're cute so I didn't want one
    Anonymous

• I got a bunch because I was high risk and had ultrasounds every month. They just did it for me for free. They are nice, because when I compare the pics to my dd, you can really see how good they are. With that being said, I wouldn't have paid extra for it because while they were fun to look at and nice to have, it wasn't worth paying extra for.
    ecila78

Answer by ecila78 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• When I had my 22 week ultrasound done at our hospital they did a 3D one at the end. Personally I think the 3D pictures look really creepy and like an alien, so if I had to pay extra for it, I definitely would not have chosen to do so. They gave us a bunch of the 3D pics, too, and I would have rather had more of the normal looking ones.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:11 PM on Jul. 27, 2009