Early Labor?

I went to the ER last night with cramps, and severe back pain. They told me I was in the early stages of labor, and then sent me home. Is there anything I can do to speed up, or help the process of dilating? I'm a FTM and this is miserable... just wanting to make sure I am doing everything I can to help the process along.. thanks!

Emuu

Asked by Emuu at 4:30 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my dr with my 1st said walk, vacumm, and if your water hasn't broke yet have sex. the sperm will soften the uterus and speed things up. she also says orgasm will help speed up things too plus relieve some stress on you too. congrats you will be having a little one soon.
    KayLidsterItani

Answer by KayLidsterItani at 7:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I'm in the same boat so if you find something that works let me know, please
    snjbjac

Answer by snjbjac at 4:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Sex works!! You have to have it atleast two or three times. But the semen will soften the cervix and help jump start labor.
    Also go for a Looooooooonnnnggggg walk. Im talkin, walk until you just cant anymore lol. This will help contractions and get you started too!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:41 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I've been taking small walks around my house and yard, but sex is out of the question lol.. My DH won't even LOOK at me like that now that he knows I'm "In labor". I think it freaks him out lmao. Thanks though, I'll try longer walks!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 4:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2009