WHY DOES MY 2YR OLD DAUGHTER WAKE UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT ALWAYS CRYING?

MRSHARRIS821

Asked by MRSHARRIS821 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• nightmares maybe
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Could be bad dreams have you tried asking her if that is what it is?
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 4:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• bad dreams
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 5:07 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• my dd wakes up in the middle of the night with a soaked diaper. That or bad dreams..
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Is this a recent development? Anyhting changed lately? Try putting a night light or soothing music in there for her.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 6:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• my 15 month old wakes up when he is uncomfortable, too hot or cold. maybe teething? also we took out the night light because when he did wake up he saw he was alone and cried. now when he wakes up he sees everyone else out so he goes back to sleep. we let him cry for a little while, not to long, because he is also testing us. he needs to know it is ok to sleep in his own room. good luck.
    KayLidsterItani

Answer by KayLidsterItani at 7:46 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My son does the same thing. We think he is having bad dreams. I've asked him and he says 'yes' but can't tell me what scared him. Sometimes he doesn't even wake up fully...just cries for me and screams 'no'. I try to pat his back or comfort him. Once he realizes I'm there he usually cuddles up to me and goes back to sleep. Then I can slip away and go back to bed. Sometimes it's so bad he is terrified to go back to sleep and I take him to our bed and we cuddle. I think it's something you just have to feel out.
    evergreenacr

Answer by evergreenacr at 5:19 PM on Jul. 28, 2009