If you are a SAHM, do you take your kids to school or do they ride the bus?

I was watching an old episode of Wife Swap and one of the rule changes was that the new mom was not going to take the daughters to school, they would have to take the bus. I thought that was a bit weird, but I guess it is because all of the SAHM's that I know take and pick their kids up from school. So, what do you do in your household?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well i'm not a sahm but i know a lot of families are single-vehicle. it's not always an option to just get up and go.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 4:58 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I do both. Some days I let my son ride the bus, some days I drop him off and/or pick him up. It depends on what I have going on for the day, and if he wants to ride the bus with friends or have my take him or pick him up.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 4:59 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I do both. We live on a dirt road and I have to drive him to the bus pick up. Later when he is older he can walk. It's not far from our home but since he's young now and I don't trust the neighbor's big dogs, I pick him up at the bus stop. If we are running late. I or hubby will take him to school. His school is only a mile and a half away. Plus, I don't watch drama shows. I think it's all fake.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 5:00 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• mine aren't in school, but when they do get their they will ride the bus. it gives them time with their friends, and i really think its a waste of gas to drive up the street twice a day to pick them up (when the time comes). if there is a problem on the bus, or if the bus has to go over any major intersections, i'll probably drive them, but around here most elem schools are in the neighborhood with in walking distance
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:00 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I would send my kids on a bus if there was one to send them on. My oldest goes to a charter school with kids from all over town so there is no bus service. There is no hot lunch either, but the have really high academic and behavior standards, so it is a trade off.
    If there was some issue with taking the bus then I would drive.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:01 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• since we live within walking distance, i will be walking him to/from school or on rainy days using the car.
    katie_s1

Answer by katie_s1 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Mine aren't in school yet, but we live so close we have to pay $75 a semester for busing, so I will drive them since its over a mile.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 5:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Mine is only in preschool, but she rides the bus. I had to pick her up on Fridays to get her to therapy and she would get so mad because she loved riding the bus. She really enjoys it, so why would I take that away from her? This fall I'll be working though.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 5:11 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I drive them. This year it's going to suck because they will be in two different schools, but I will not have them riding a bus.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:19 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My kids ride the bus. Of course we are a 30 mile round trip to school,Plus, our school district is divided up by grades so my kids go to 3 different schools.
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 5:19 PM on Jul. 27, 2009