hot tub?

this past weekend i was at a hotel && there was a sign by the hut tub saying if you are pregnant you shouldn't be in there.
why is that. could it hurt the baby or waT?

maris1192

Asked by maris1192 at 5:19 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah, its WAY too hot, the baby can't regulate temperature. hot tubs are a no no, some people will tell you not to take baths either
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:20 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• When I was just pregnant, I was in a hot tub walking around it, and the water was only up to my maybe knees??? I missed a step and went in more than I should of like the water was past my belly. I quickly got out. My husband was there good thing. The baby like moved alot and moved fast when I went in further in the hot tub after that so I slowly got in the pool to cool off. The baby didnt like it and the baby will feel the heat inside, like a oven
    Anonymous

• I was told by my doctor as long as I don't stay in there longer than 15 minutes it's fine. My husband and I went on a getaway for our anniversary that has your own private hottub and pool last month and we used it with no problem. This is my second pregnancy and with both I have used one. As long as you don't feel like you are sweating or overheating yourself you should be fine. They also had a steam room which I feel would be more harmful since that does make you sweat and overheat yourself.
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 5:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• If you have your own hot tub where you can adjust the temperature, you can go in no problem. Just lower the temp. I don't know how low, though. You'd have to look that up or ask your doctor.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• you can "cook" your baby. same as using a heating pad near your belly or on your lower back when preggers!
    wowof3bbs

Answer by wowof3bbs at 6:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2009