How many of you had an instant positive pregnancy test?

I was just wondering because with my first two babies I tested, waited 3 minutes and a very faint line showed up. I took two tests with each pregnancy, and all did that. This time when I took a test the positive line instantly showed up as soon as the pee got on it and it was very dark. I took two tests this time also and all three pregnancies I tested around 4-5 weeks. Doesn't that mean it detects a strong amount of hormones or something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i'm not sure what it means, but i watched the pee go thru the stick and make the pregnancy line and then the test line on mine. took just a few seconds
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I got fast results! Yes that means its reading the pregnancy hormone in your urine
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 5:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• With my son it took many tests, I was two months pregnant when it finally was positive. With this baby I was almost four weeks and it was positive right away.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 5:30 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I tested positive right away with my first two. THis pregnancy i tested a week too early, but when I took it again two days before my period it tested positive right away ( with my morning urine).
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 5:30 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Yes, I got a digital one and it didnt even take a couple of seconds, then I tested with a line showing one and when u see the pee run accross the window the pink lines showed up immediatley
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 5:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• lol with mine it was 2 pink lines as soon as my pee hit it lol then about 10 seconds later, 2 SOLID pink lines lol
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 5:32 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• 1st responce brand takes a little bit longer than a regurlar 2 lines one
    katsogrimey

Answer by katsogrimey at 5:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I took my first pregnancy test at night. The line was faint, but read positive. With it being faint, I was unsure so I waited until the next morning and did one again. Positive again with the dark line now showing.

I think it might depend on when you test and how "potent" your urine is with hormones.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• i took a pregnancy test at night. and as soon as i set it on the counter it had two dark pink lines. there was no mistaking i was pregnant.. so yeah it took all of like 4 seconds for it to show up.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 5:38 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• The kit I bought had two tests in it. I took the first test around week 4. I peed on it and left it sit in the bathroom while I did other stuff for a couple of minutes, so I don't know if it was instant or not. I honestly didn't think it was going to say pregnant. We were trying, but I didn't think I would be that lucky since my periods are really irregular when not on the pill. Then we went away for Christmas and when we got back I took the other test for shits and giggles. I would have been about 5.5 weeks at that time. I peed on it, washed my hands, and it said Pregnant before I was done washing my hands. I only took digital tests because I didn't want to wonder if I was reading the stupid thing right or not.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 27, 2009