Trying to find the forums for a New Mexico stepparent adoption???

So I have called every court house legal aid,legal fax number just trying to find the forums for the stepparent adoption..The process is suppose to be a do it yourself..But I can not find the forums to file to get the ball rolling..Can any one help??Thanks

a_jbishop

Asked by a_jbishop at 5:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Adoption

• Do you mean "forms"?

I would try doing a search on adoption law in New Mexico. In Washington state the law is covered under the "Washington Administrative Code" WAC and available online - hopefully the same is true for New Mexico.

Let me do some poking around for you.
    PortAngeles1969

Answer by PortAngeles1969 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Try this link - you can download the forms for free (they appear to be generic and have been used in a variety of states including New Mexico):

http://www.divorce-forms.com/stepparent-adoption-forms-info-products-ansigeneric-text.html

* STEPPARENT ADOPTION FORMS & INFO - Obtaining consent - generic text format
    This forms kit may be used to seek "termination of the other parent's parental rights" of your child(ren). The Affidavit and Consent Terminating Parental Rights must be first obtained in order to proceed through the official court process of an "agreed-upon" termination of the other biological parent's rights, to clear the way to file an application for your current spouse to adopt your children or for other legal reasons you believe are in the child's best interest.

PortAngeles1969

Answer by PortAngeles1969 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Yeah I do mean forms..LOL sometimes my fingers get ahead of my mind and I end up with all kinds of messed up stuff...Thanks for the link I will check it out right now...
    I have been searching the web high and low making phone calls just get get ahold of the forms.But have had no luck...Thanks for the info
    a_jbishop

Answer by a_jbishop at 5:03 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2010