is it true that if u tickle babies young they can studder later on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was told that but I'm not sure but it can be a form of torture since the baby can't tell you to stop

Anonymous

• I tickled my sister all the time...I of course gave her breathing breaks...LOL But the only time she stutters is when she lies....hahaha she can never get away with it
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 5:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• OMG. You're kidding, right?

People will believe anything these days.
    Anonymous

• oohhh STUTTER. lol i was like, wtf is studder... why would you want to stud your child out and how would tickles make them more stud... hahaha
    Anonymous

• My great-grandmother told my father to stop tickling my daughter one day. And said that she would stutter because of it. We tickle her all of the time tho. As long as she's laughing its fine. :) If she stops laughing then we stop too. I don't think it'll cause them to stutter. I think its just one of those things that started way back when, and has been passed around since. :)
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 5:59 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• i never knew why we werent suppossed to tickle babies until now lol I was told not to tickle my son before he could crawl i guess the reasoning behind it was if he didnt like it he could get up and move
    Memosmom

Answer by Memosmom at 6:34 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• i watched a documentary on stuttering and they said that it has to do with how a person hears. they tested this hearing aid out and it helped bounce the frequencies and the people stopped stuttering. I think that is an old wife's tale.
    KayLidsterItani

Answer by KayLidsterItani at 7:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• p.s. my doctor says a baby who laughs a lot will be a healthier baby. so tickle away.
    KayLidsterItani

Answer by KayLidsterItani at 7:10 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Never heard of this.
    realtorshelly

Answer by realtorshelly at 8:12 PM on Jul. 27, 2009