What helps a sore back during pregnancy?

My back kills me and last all day. What can I do besides using a heating pad to help the relief?

JacobsMommy05

Asked by JacobsMommy05 at 5:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• YOGA!

Answer by older at 5:52 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I stretch my hips and lower back. It usually pops my back and makes it feel tons better
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 5:53 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Prenatal massage.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• yes, yoga, I did it for 6 weeks out of my pregnancy and hopefully I continue because it helped so much. Also a warm bath, tylenol. OOr just resting
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Not alot my dear. Trying going to a chiropractor and see what he can do for you.
    All I did was lie on my back and stretch out, try not to walk too much, lie down a bit more so your back isn't using so much strain to hold up your tummy =)
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I asked my doctor today about back pain, expecting her to give me a handout about stretches and exercises to do, but instead she prescribed me a maternity support belt, and it was instant relief as soon as I put it on. I am on medicaid and it was covered fully for me, I have also heard that a lot of insurance will help with the cost. You should look into it!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 7:10 PM on Jul. 27, 2009