NFL is reinstating Michael Vick

IMO, they shouldn't. What do you guys think?

FYI, he's the player who fought and tortured dogs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Isn't this what America is all about? Athletes,actors,etc.. can do as they please and face not real time in jail and/or prison. I blame Americans for the shape this country is in, it is called no morals!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 5:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• He served his time. I think he should be allowed back in. What he did was certainly wrong, but if the legal system is content with his punishment, I don't think it's the NFL's place to disagree.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 5:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• At first I thought he should be euthanized...but then I realized that I'd rather see him tortured and ripped apart...maybe waterboarded a few times...that worthless son of a bitch deserves to suffer.
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 5:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Note, I'm not saying he had enough jail time, fines, etc. But he has technically served his time...
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 5:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I dont agree with what he did
    my family is a breeder of pit bulls and I have two of my own and what he did, not only gave that breed and other breeds a bad name but he also gave himself one too.

I know there are many places who have always allowed dog fighting and my guess is wherever he is originally from allowed it or a lotof people did it.

My ultimate stance on it is that hopefully he learned from his mistake and will never do anything so vicious ever again, but I also believe that your past should not haunt you forever.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• my husband and i disagree about this issue too. My husband (an ex football player, though he loves animals) says that although MV is a horrible person, his job is an athlete. He did his time, and should be allowed to do his job, and it's our right to support it or not by attending games/buying consumer goods or not (which my husband won't). Me, I think that his job is such in the public view and sets examples for young boys that although he should be "allowed" to do his job, i seriously question the judgement of an owner who would hire him to play. Good football player or not, he is a reflection on the team, whether they like it or not. IIMO, i'd like to see him in the "pit" with the dogs he trained and tortured to kill, and let the dogs have the last say!!!
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I don't think he should be allowed back in. He did a horrible thing and it's like saying "Oh well, shame on you, here's your life back."
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Just because he has be re-instated doesnt mean he will be playing in the NFL

But Vick’s issues are far from over and he needs a team to call his own. So far, the owners of the New York Giants, Jets and Dallas Cowboys have said they had no interest in the 29-year-old quarterback. Neither do the Falcons, who officially released Vick in June.

5 down 27 more to go..

PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 6:22 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• If I owned a team, I wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot-pole. However, someone might be desperate enough to hire him. We will see. Personally, I think his career is over, but I could be wrong.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Ya, ya, Vick did his time for his crime. No... he doesn't need to have his past haunt him and keep him from a job. Just not with our franchise! Bleh! I'm somewhat disappointed with the NFL right now. I'm not sure how I would react if the Bronco organization signed him. I know respect would surely be lost. I would only hope Bowlen and McD have as much class as I think they do!

Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 7:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2009