my 3 y/o hates me!!

I am 37 weeks pregnant and for the past 2 weeks I cant walk I cant do much of anything and my poor 3 yo is taking the brunt of it..
I cant take him out to the park or even for a walk. I cant get down and play i cant do anything with him it hurts so damn bad..
I am always yelling at him for not listening or for acting up.
my dh and I are fighting so bad right now fo me bing a bitch..
I hurt and my poor first born hates me..
"when you have my sister you will be my mommy again"
What can I do to make this up to him.??
I Hate my self so badly for not being a good mom to him.
please help me..
I need all the advice I can get at this point

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It would sure be nice if your husband could stick up for you... but tenderness and understanding seem to be beyond most men's understanding..lol.
    I know how you feel, though. I was on bedrest with my second child. Try doing activities w/ your son that don't require much movement for you, such as coloring with him, singing songs, asking him to show you his favorite toy and asking him to tell you what makes it really cool, and my personal favorite during the summer season... sit in the tub with your bathing suits on in some cool water. It will soothe you and he will have a blast "in the pool".
    And when your son seems discouraged that you can't do what you used to, invite him to you for a BIG hug...and tell him that you love him SOOOO much, and even a new baby won't change that!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 6:43 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Has he actually said he hates you? I feel for you-a new baby is a big change for your son. His whole world is changing. Your hubby isn't helping things. I would try different activities that you can do one-on-one with your son:coloring, playdoh, reading, singing.....I would also sit him down quietly and explain that mommy hurts sometimes and is not able to run and play right now and that she knows it's hard on him but she still loves him very very much. I am sure he doesn't hate you-it's just that he doesn't fully understand why mommy isn't the same as before. Give him lots of love and attention and he will be ok. Your hubby--a good swift kick in the ass might help :-) good luck!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Jul. 28, 2009