Does anyone think the Gates news would have been news if he was white and the cop was black?

I am to the point I am tired of seeing this on the news. Now Obama is involved, is that reallyt the role of the President? After all, my teenager and I often disagree, should I call the white house and ask if we too can come over for a beer and soda?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 6:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am tired of hearing about it also I think the whole thing is stupid. How are we suppose to get anywhere in society if we have people constantly using the race card. I have been subjected to racism but I always rule out everything else...even then I realize the whole world is not full of hatred for brown people!
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• To answer your above other question...I do not think it would be in the news if the situation was reverse.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 6:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I think both of them acted like hot heads. I am tired of seeing it on the news though. Hopefully, after a beer or two they bill be poker buddies or something :D
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 6:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• It's ridiculous. Especially the beer with Obama...
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 6:32 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I think the president's involvement in this just proves how sad this country is becoming. Really, we need the president to act as mediator? I agree, this whole thing was stupid. And I guarantee you it wouldn't have been any big deal at all if the man had been just another Joe on the street. I KNOW this can't be the first time in history that a man had to break his own door to get in his own house (cuz he forgot his key, or the lock jammed- whatever) and it's probably not the first time that a neighbor called the cops because they saw someone breaking down a door. What's different this time? And don't someone tell me because the guy was black - I don't buy it. Black men get yanked up and thrown down every day by policemen - some wrongfully - who stood up for them? This is the FIRST time I remember the freaking president thinking he would enact a little governmental psychology though. This should make all men and women mad.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 6:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• PaceMyself you are exactly right. Our President should be focused on more important things then something like this. I would still go to the White House and hang out and drink a beer with him though :D
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 6:40 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Yeah, that's all I need - alcohol to go along with this fed-up attitude. They'd wind up keeping Gitmo open just for me! LOL
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 6:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I think it made the news because it was ridiculous no matter what ur stand on it is. Even though the president should be focused on other stuff right now I am glad to see that he actually pays attention to what goes on in his own country rather than Bush not paying attention at all and drecting all of his attention across seas. So I like the change.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• oh and not only would I drink beer and a soda I'd convince him to do some belly shots...Just kidding but it would be funny
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I think Obama should have kept his mouth SHUT! There was no reason for him to comment on this.Of course he is going to side with Gates, THEY ARE FRIENDS! The officers friends are going to side with him too.
    Anonymous