mucus plug? I am confused!!

ok for the past three days I have had ALOT of snotty looking discharge.. but only when I wipe.. Its yellowie and Slimey LOL sorry tmi!!
is this my mucus plug? how much do you lose? is it normal NOT to have any blood with it?
I am 36w 4d and sat at L&D I was 1 and 50% effaced
another thing is can you continue to lose it for this long?
Oh and If you want to bash me go ahead I just got off the phone with my dr and I forgot to ask and they are really super busy!

TravisJohnsmama

Asked by TravisJohnsmama at 6:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• this happened to me for the last month or so of my pregnancy.... completely normal. just a very runny plug i guess
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 6:18 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Thats what mine looked like but I lost the whole thing at once, some do lose it in pieces, and yes its normal, I dont really know how much more is left up in there LOL
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:18 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• i lost mine over a month period. with my dd it wasnt bloody with mys on it was
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 6:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• i dont thin that that is your mucus plug...i think that is just the regular pregnancy discharge!
    wowof3bbs

Answer by wowof3bbs at 6:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• You will be amazed at all the funky stuff that comes out of that area while you are pregnant. Losing your mucous plug is not an indication of labor and it can regenerate so I wouldn't be overly concerned if it was or not.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 9:58 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Well i thought i was lopsing mine but solly me im only 22 weeks and thats not possible but i have muscous glands on the outside of my cervix as well as inside which only 1 oit of 1000 women have its very rare anyhow what uouaare describing is exactly what i had when i was lppsing my outter mucous plug since i have two i will loose my outter plug all throuhout my pregnancy.
    stars_silly

Answer by stars_silly at 11:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2009