Need Ideas to help my labor get started.. Please help..

I am almost 38 wks pregnant. I been having BH contraction like crazy all day and night long for the last 3 days. Tons of snot like discharge. I spotted bright red blood 4 times in the last two days to. I want to try in induce my labor naturally. I am a small girl and with my first pregnancy I had my son on my due date but..... I tore real bad cause he was big. I want to help prevent that this time by trying to go a couple wks earlier if possible and was wondering of any ideas that could help me. I think he is already going to be a big baby. Please help me and please have some respect on the answer don't be rude. .

Tara04

Asked by Tara04 at 6:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 38 doesn't = 40... babies come when babies are ready. None of those myths or anything people are going to post here are going to set you into labor. How big was your last?
    Anonymous

• i say walk alot and drink hot tea and take hot showers with the shower head hitting your lower back... thats what i did went to labor that same night.
    SINCONCEPCION

Answer by SINCONCEPCION at 6:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• isnt hot showers bad? or is that just baths? When I take hot showers I feel like I am going to faint. But I'll try it but have my boyfriend near by just in case I do faint. thanks
    Tara04

Answer by Tara04 at 6:53 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• trust me on this to know the value of a week ask a mother to a premmie!!! my son was delivered by emerceny c section at 30 weeks! he is still in the hospital now t is 7 weeks old, he was 2pd 9oz when he ws delievered on the 8th of june he's had so many problems we almost lost him twice!!!

doctors say every day counts if he would have hung on for 4 more days his lungs would have been so much maturer!!

they give 40 weeks as a estimate term is anything classed at 37 weeks to 42 weeks as they is always the chance of wrong dates and your baby being born on his due date its still possible for a trip to the scbu!!! ask for a epidurl and episotimy that way you will be cut and not tare!! i was cut with my first baby and its really not that big deal!! sorry for the gloryfide detail but my partner of 4 years can't tell the difference!!

please please please dont put your babies health risk at the side of your body...
    mum2oneandabit

Answer by mum2oneandabit at 6:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Is spotting bright red blood bad? I had it 4 times in the last two days? Or is it just pressure of the head?
    Tara04

Answer by Tara04 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• the baby will come when it is ready u need to wait it will pay off in the end belive me
    Anonymous

• go get it checked just to be safe xx
    mum2oneandabit

Answer by mum2oneandabit at 7:07 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• primrose oil
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:53 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I been trying that actually how long does it take to work? N does it only work if I use it vaginally?
    Tara04

Answer by Tara04 at 9:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2009