Has anyone experienced a toddler having separation anxiety from dad but not mom?

My grandson has really severe separation anxiety from his dad when dad's visitation is over and he has to go back to mom. Last time he tried to climb out of dad's arms, over his back screaming no-no. Other times he has run away from mom back to dad. It usually happens on the days when dad has my grandson for only 7-8 hours during the day. It is less severe when dad has him over the weekend. My grandson has no separation anxiety from his mother when she drops him off with his dad. Has anyone experienced this and what do you think causes it? Do you have any recommendations?

chocolateroses

Asked by chocolateroses at 6:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No answers yet