i have not been taking my prenatal vitamins because i have been forgetting. i am 5 months preg. is that really bad?

shanel_1117

Asked by shanel_1117 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The baby may not be getting the nutrients he/she needs. Also the vitamins have folic acid which is essential. It helps prevent alot of things. Just try your hardest to remember. Im also five months and sometimes forget.
    jryjonnysmommy

Answer by jryjonnysmommy at 7:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Try to remember as best as you can. Set an alert on your phone if you have to. Its how I remember it. There are things in prenatals that you and the baby need. Folic acid is a major player in the pills.
    Masonsmom407

Answer by Masonsmom407 at 7:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Yes, your baby needs them. I would set them right next to your tooth brush or something like that so you don't forget.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 8:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Now that you recognize the problem, do something about it. Figure out a system that will work for you. That little one is going through so much development right now. You need plenty of nutrients to fill the needs of the baby.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• your baby gets everything she needs 4rm u. shes basically leaching off of u. the prenatals are so u dont get sick from carrying a child such as anemia, etc. u do need to take them but let me tell u, u can take no vitamins and have a healthy baby or take all of them and still have a sick baby. ultimately the vitamins do not have the last say. i took them on and off and tho i became anemic, my baby was a healthy beautiful 8 pounder.
    ZombieBroad

Answer by ZombieBroad at 8:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• The baby will get all they need, but you won't. The baby will take it all from you if you aren't supplementing. Don't beat yourself up over it, but start taking those vitamins!
    FriendlyJas

Answer by FriendlyJas at 8:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I never could take them. They either Constipated me or made me have diarrhea. As long as you eat healthy I don't see it being a problem
    lnmauldin7

Answer by lnmauldin7 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I only took my prenatals regularly for my last baby (#5). All of mine have been great, uneventful pregnancies with healthy babies. The prenatals made me sick with the first 4, so I stopped taking them. I figured it was healthier for me to not take them than to continue getting sick.

My 1st and 3rd babies were just over 8 lbs, my 2nd and 4th were just under 8 lbs, and my 5th was 9 lbs exactly. They were all very healthy.
    kcangel63

Answer by kcangel63 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• put them in the bathroom and as soon as you are done brushing your teeth and your rinse.. take it then. Put it somewhere you will remember to take it and make it easier on yourself. They are extrememly important!
    pipandmijosmom

Answer by pipandmijosmom at 9:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I didn't take them for either of my pregnancies, because they made me throw up,and i kept forgetting and my kids were fine, but I would discuss it with your doctor.
    CassieRoseB

Answer by CassieRoseB at 10:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2008