Do you believe the women that said Jesus told her to be muslim? and Christian?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008961581_webdefrocked01m.html

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 6:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The bible says to worship the Lord your God and only HIM you shall serve. You cannot dwell in darkness and light at the same time. You have to choose one or the other. Otherwise the bible says if you become lukewarm He will spew you out of His mouth. What Ms. Redding is attempting to do is dangerous, in that she wants to bring Christianity, Judaism and Islam together. Sorry not going ever happen. You will have to choose between Christianity and Islam.
    God would not contradict His word and tell someone to be of both Islam and Christianity. You compromise one or the other.

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I believe she heard someone tell her that but it wasn't Jesus Christ.
    Anonymous

• Anything is possible. I really don't know though. Who am I to judge someone else's personal experiences.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I do not like to discredit the personal experiences of other people because I do not like it when people discredit mine. However, in my personal opinion, I do not agree that this is something Jesus would appear to someone and say or tell them to do. She needs to pray for guidance as to what she needs to do with the message she thinks she received and follow her own convictions.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• No not according to scripture. Jesus says "I am the truth the way and the Life No one comes to the father but through Me."
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• See Matthew 24:11
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• No, I don't believe that.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 8:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I agree with JCRestoredme.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I honestly don't see too much incompatibility between being Christian and Muslim - heck I'm almost already there, haha.

As to whether or not someone was told to do so, and by Jesus of all things, that's not for me to say one way or another, but I have heard of her, and I don't think what she has to say is that crazy. I'm actually quite inspired by her.

I do believe that the two faiths don't have to be contradictory, especially since both follow the God of Abraham and His revelations. The Muslims just follow one more book of revelations is all.

Honestly, after studying Islam during my study of world religions, there really isn't any reason why they can't be compatible. There just seems to be a huge misunderstanding when it comes to Islam, is all.

bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I think all the religions want one thing. Worshiping God. He sent 3 religions to complete each other. We are making mistake if we think any other way.
    Anonymous