can u BF when u are pregnant?

I have a 4 month old and i am most likely pregnant i go in in a week to make sure. and i want to know if u can BF when u are pregnant? I have heard that when u BF u have a less likely chance of getting pregnant plus we were safe but a at home tast said i was...I normally have my kids 4-6 weeks early does that make it even more unsafe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is not unsafe at all.. please DO NOT let anyone scare you out of Bfing while pregnant. I breastfeed my daughter and I'm 5.5 months pregnant and I plan to continue. My OB told me to stop because they are uninformed, if you read the correct information there is no proof that breastfeeding during pregnancy is causing any harm to your unborn child. Now if you have a history of miscarriage then they may advise you to stop but otherwise it is safe. It is true you should increase your calorie intake. Also you may notice you become very tired much easier. Good luck!
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Your not supose to BF when u r because it can make you miscarry. I would call your doc and ask, i was told to stop as soon as I found out i was...
    Anonymous

• Its not that its necessarily unsafe, but you definitely want to be eating super healthy and taking your vitamins every day.

Between breastfeeding and being pregnant you have to make sure that there are enough nutrients left over for you!!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:58 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• my moms friend did thru both and she never had a prob
    Anonymous

• My mother bf me while she was pregnant with my sister.. no problems.
    veg4animals2006

Answer by veg4animals2006 at 7:49 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• YES, you CAN breastfeed while pregnant UNLESS yours is a high risk pregnancy.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:02 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My son was 9 months old when I got pregnant with baby #3 and I BF him for 3 months while I was pregnant. I agree that it isn't unsafe to BF while pregnant.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 1:41 PM on Jul. 28, 2009