What else is there in the world of birth control

I am trying to decide what birth control I should start after the baby is born next month. I have a blood clotting disorder so I can't take pills, the patch, nuvaring (which I loved!), etc. I can't take a IUD because...long story short...somehow I am pregnant and having a baby next month, so it did not work for me and it caused to much irritation in that area (so my doctor does not recommend another one). I am on steriods a lot because of my asthma so depro vera is out also. Does anyone know of anything left!?!

Brickhouse95

Asked by Brickhouse95 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• chart you cycle and use NFP, and top it off with condoms. Thats more or less what we do, and and over 2 yrs since James was born, not pregnant yet. good luck.
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 7:03 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Condoms? Spermicide?
    Anonymous

• you can try foams/diaphragm/ there is this disk thing called a cervical cap

go here:

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/preventingpregnancy/overviewtypesbirthcontrol.html
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• spermicide cannot be used alone!! you must use it in addition to condoms if you wanna give the condoms a boost maybe. But by itself it is not effective.
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 7:05 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Condoms are okay but we run out...no other comment on that!
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Well having a baby usually cures the want of sex for awhile. Sleep will be far more important. However, I would go with Doms advice and try the cervical cap.Or condoms with spermicide. If you run out go buy more or don't have sex. Easy as that.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 7:18 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• you can use spermicide can be used alone. It is not as effective as when you use something else with it but it can be used alone.
    http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/birth-control/spermicide-4225.htm
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 7:20 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• The problem with foams, diaphragms and the cervical cap is I do not always know when we are going to be intimate.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 7:20 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I'm saying from experience, it would not wise to use it alone. I got pregnant using spermicide(and I used it correctly too). I did not use condoms because they set me on fire(guess I was allergic to whatever we were trying to use...they still make me burn a little but nothing like back then! omg). I've had better luck using nothing....lol
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 7:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Definitely a diapram. Safe, no side effects

Answer by rkoloms at 9:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2009