BBQ Help!

I want to throw a BBQ/ Potluck for my Baptism but since I don't really eat a lot of meat and a myriad of food allergies I am trying to figure out how to do this. I mean should I just bring the vegetarian stuff and food without the stuff I am allergic to? Or should I put a thing in my invites asking people to please keep others in mind with food allergies?

I don't throw many BBQ's because of my allergies and my vegetarian life style. 90% or less of Americans are not going to go to a meat free BBQ lol.

Momma_Halo

Asked by Momma_Halo at 7:02 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Food & Drink

• could you make it a BYOM? bring your own meat.

you supply the side dishes etc and they supply their own meats.

thats usually how we manage to throw our bbqs - there are so many different people with different needs.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I would just be sure that you cook things you can eat, and be safe. Just because you put it on your invite doesn't mean other people are going to be very careful, so you could still end up getting sick.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I would ask others to bring the things you do not want to cook.

Answer by louise2 at 7:05 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Hmmm good ideas. I will write this down and discuss it with my mom who is helping me.
    Momma_Halo

Answer by Momma_Halo at 7:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• hypermamaz that's a great idea ( i just had to tell u that), we are big time bbq'ers though i don't really eat too much of meat everyone else does, it would be hard for others to really know what your allergies are unless they already do, to be safe if i were you i would have some dishes that are vegetarian and/or that are tolerable for you, and maybe ask on the invites "please let me know if you have any allergies" ?
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 7:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Oooo good one! I will add that into the invites.
    Momma_Halo

Answer by Momma_Halo at 7:15 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• There are plenty of foods to grill that don't have meat. Veggie skewers, pizza, fruit (especially pineapple).

Answer by rkoloms at 9:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2009