anyone sending there 3 yo to school?

my son is behind they did a check on him and he is the size and developed as a 16-18 month old. I am sending him to a special school and they said that they are sure they can help him chatch up. anyone have advice for seeing my baby off for the first time?

Lacrisha

Asked by Lacrisha at 7:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 3 year old is going to an integrated 3 year old preschool this year. He's globally (moderately) delayed and will receive OT, PT and speech. The bus will bring him back and forth. I'm not sure what they're going to do with him academically or cognitively since he's on a kindergarten level there. We'll see....

My advice is to realize he's not a baby. He's a preschooler and he's going to thrive, develop, make friends and grow. It's a wonderful thing!

Other than that, don't let him see or sense you're nervous. Build up his confidence in his new venture and tell him what a big boy he is, how much fun he's going to have and get him a special new backpack!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My daughter goes to a special ed preschool. She loves riding the bus and has a great teacher. Just drop him off for the first couple days, if that will make you more comfortable.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 7:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• my 3 yo is going to preschool this year T/W/TH for 2 1/2 hours a day to get out and be around kids her own age. Next year she'll do pre K4 at the school by my house. My son did a developmental delayed preschool for 2 years and loved it and it was such a good experience for him.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:55 AM on Jul. 28, 2009