I am measuring big, does that mean the baby is big?

I have been consistently measuring about a month ahead since I got a baby bump, does this mean that they baby is big, or can it have something to do with my weight? Right now I am 29 weeks, measuring a little over 32 weeks... Just curious what your experiences were with measuring ahead.

kitten_shuga

Asked by kitten_shuga at 7:22 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could mean you are going to have a big baby or it could mean that you just have a lot of fluid in there. They should be able to tell you at your ultrasound a guesstimate how big your baby is.
    rlewis

Answer by rlewis at 7:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• no i gained 50 lbs and got big and my kids were both under 6 lbs
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 7:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Many reasons can cause you to measure more than you are, having other babies in the past, twins, big baby, extra fluid, etc.. Or they could be really wrong about your due date, it is only a guess you could be two weeks further along than what they/you think.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• no, not necessarily

and big babies DO NOT need to come out with a C section!!.

Good luck in delivary
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• With my first I always measured ahead. They did an ultrasound near the end to see if he was going to be big. Here, he was small and I had lots of extra fluid. Same thing happened to my cousin, she measured 6 weeks ahead. Her baby was only 7lbs something.
    Anonymous