HAVE YOU EVER SENT AN ANGRY EMAIL AND WISHED YOU HADN'T?

I LOVE TO JOURNAL. I LOVE TO COMMUNICATE. HOWEVER, IN ANGER I GENERALLY DON'T PUT WORDS ON PAPER, EMAIL, TEXT OR OTHER. HOWEVER, WITH THE POPULAR THING NOW A DAYS WITH TEXTING, I HAVE GOTTEN CAUGHT UP IN THE CRAVE. MY SON OVER 18 DOESN'T CARE TO TALK OVER THE PHONE, INSTEAD HIS THING IS TEXTING. LATELY UNKIND WORDS GET TEXTED, OUR ARGUMENT WERE CARRIED OUT THAT WAY, AND NO MATTER HOW LOGICAL IN THE TEXT AND REFRAINING I ATTEMPTED, HE'D END UP BOILING ME, REGARDLESS. THE CAMEL BROKE IT'S BACK RECENTLY, AND IN ANGER I ADDRESSED A VERY MEAN AND HATEFUL EMAIL TO HIM FOR HIS EYES ONLY. DESPITE THAT I PUT A DESCLAIMER AT THE END, REFERRING TO NOW THAT WE HAVE GOTTEN OUR ANGER OUT, LET'S MOVE ON FORWARD, HE TOOK MY EMAIL TO HIM AND PLACED IT ON HIS MY SPACE FOR ALL TO SEE. NEEDLESS TO SAY I WAS SHOCKED, HURT AND ASHAMED. SINCE I HAVE WRITTEN AN APOLOGY LETTER TO HIS GIRLFRIEND, AND RECENTLY TO MY SON. SOBBING CSJOY1

csjoy1

Asked by csjoy1 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• yup I have and sadly lost that friend. Sometimes we make wrong choices and the consequences that result from them depends on how the email is received. I also accidently sent a message to someone that I wasnt sure I was to send or not... clicked wrong button and off it went and well yeah it all went down hill from there.
    The best thing you can do is apologize and move on.
    Your son and you both reacted instead of acting upon. If we let our feelings get the best of us that is when things like this happen. I would be appalled if my son posted a negative email from me on his myspace. It would be immature and wrong thing to do but all you can do like I said is apologise and move on. You did your part and he will need to do his but you cannot make him change. It will hurt and smart for a while but I think both of you need a cooling down period.
    Perhaps down the road you and your son can have a heart to heart talk cont...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• in a proper and mature manner.
    Shaneagle777

• Nope. But here is the thing just like Alec Baldwin we all say things in hanger we regret. He put it on my space because you asked him not to share it with anyone.
    If in that email you said some hurtful things about his girlfriend or whom ever that is okay. The thing is you were provoked. Somethings said in email should be deleted before sent. That is what I do, I write the hurtful thing and then I save it and if 24 hours later I still feel that way I send it. Sometimes I delete it, or save it for me to read later as a lesson to my self. Other times I edit it and then save that and see if I still want to send it.
    I find it hilarious to read such emails months later. I often wonder why I get so wrapped up in some situations. What a great way to get back to life. I am sorry you had to deal with this after your vacation. How was it btw?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:13 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Yup, I did and lost that friend. Good riddance was how I felt. I've learned to get my anger out. However, my Grandmother told me "Take no hostages and leave no witnesses."
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 1:46 PM on Jul. 29, 2009