Sticky diaper on airplane!

Hello there.... I will be traveling with my 4 mos old in a couple of days and I was wondering if anyone has any advice as to how to change a diaper on a plane! I don't travel much and my worst fear is my daughter filling up her diaper right at the begining of the flight! I don't want to offend anyone around me! She is breastfed but I have to suppliment her bottles with formula so they can be a bit stanky at times! Any advice would be wonderful! Thanks in advance!
Amy

amy_72

Asked by amy_72 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There is a changing table in the little bathroom. It flips down, normally above the toilet. I've changed many diapers midflight.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 7:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Well I just flew and there weren't any changing stations. Luckily, it was just pee so I changed her while she was standing. She is one though. Good luck!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Everytime I've flown with my son there was a flip down table over the toilet.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes they provide little basinets on the plane. Call the airline and ask about it. If so, you could do the diaper change in the bassinet
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• i had to change my son in my lap!
    victoriak12708

Answer by victoriak12708 at 8:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Change in your lap who cares what everyone else thinks. just warn the person next to you before hand. Try to wear you little one out before you flight so she will sleep and you wont have to worry about it.
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 8:59 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I have always seen changing tables on planes, although they are kind of hidden because if you didn't know otherwise they are just a part of the wall that fold down and usually there is only one on each plane. You might have to ask. We usually fly about 5 times a year and between the three kids I have always had to change at least one diaper. Thank goodness I only have on in diapers not. I would not change a little one on my lap I think that is pretty disgusting, all the germs around where people eat and drink. Just personal opinion though.
    Anonymous