primrose oil

how many can u take orally and how many can u put up ur vagina at one time?
yes it is a seriouse question, if u dont approve of it i really dont care so please dont responed. thank you

eSnA2008

Asked by eSnA2008 at 7:40 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• what is it used for? i've never heard of it
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:07 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• its used to help soften ur cervix and it makes labor go easier by doin ..i heard it can help keep you from tearing too during delievery
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 8:22 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• birthingnaturaly.net/cn/natural/primrose.html
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• that site tells exactly what to do
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I dont approve or disapprove either way I am a nursing student and if I remember correctly it is not recomended. I am not being rude Just giving you a heads up. Did your dr say it was ok? Again I am not trying to go against what you believe I am just passing on the info
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• many midwifes will ok this use. Evening Primrose Oil is supposed to help soften the cervix it will not send you into labor. At 33 weeks you can start orally 1 capsule 3x's per day. After 36 weeks you can insert ONE into the vagina (poke a small hole in it) at night just as you are laying down it will slipt out of place if you walk around. You must get it up against your cervix. I did this and it did nothing for me. I was induced at 42 weeks.
    Anonymous