• In the Spotlight:

does sex induce labor

Has anyone ever had sex to induce labor?
does it actually work?
Honest answers only!

bennysmommy816

Asked by bennysmommy816 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, nothing worked except stripping membranes! And we TRIED! Lol
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 7:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Yes!! If you are far enough along. I was 10 days late with my DD and had sex and had her within 12 hours.

Good Luck and Congrats!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• no and we have tried!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Sex, no. Sperm, Yes. There is a chemical in sperm that can cause contractions to start.. it's how my first son was born... lol
    veg4animals2006

Answer by veg4animals2006 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• There is nothing you can do to go into labor, I even got my membranes stripped and I was still preggo for a week, the baby will come when ever he/she is ready to come unless they induce you and even then you can be in labor for a while. I was induced with both of my kids with one I was 18 hours in labor and other 9. Good luck God bless and Congrats !

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• no one knows what helps. how can anyone say it was sex, or castor oil, or some kinda tea. If that baby was ready tricks or no tricks it was going to come that day. We had tons of sex and tried walking, bouncing on balls, hot and spicey food. I was trying these things at almost 42 weeks nothing worked. Just be patient.
    Anonymous

• NOTHING worked for me. We tried walking, spicy foods, bumpy car rides, sex.. I had to be induced.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2009