• In the Spotlight:

Background checks..

I'm trying to get a job and was told that they'd have to do a background check on me. It's fine and all, I've never had a felony- but I do have a traffic warrant for a ticket I haven't paid in another state. The reason I haven't paid it is because I haven't had the funds, which is why I need this job. Will this come up on the background check? If so, will it be a reason not to hire me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• they normally just care about felony arrests

Answer by admckenzie at 8:59 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• What is the job for? If you have to drive for the job, not just to it, then it might affect you getting it.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Like the PP said, it'd only normally affect a driving job. It just depends on how strict the company is about it. Just let them know up front. Tell them you have a ticket that's unpaid, but that's also why you need the job even more. Usually they'll work with you if you're honest and don't try to hide things.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:02 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• It can show up on a background check and it can hurt the job depending on the job you are going for. With the number of people looking for and applying for each position, it is quite possible that you will be overlooked. You just never know.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:30 PM on Jul. 27, 2009