What do you think about the gerber graduates?

The ones that come in the little can with the plastic lid. My daughter is very picky, so I bought a few of these as a last resort when she won't eat dinner. Are they healthy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I used them sometimes, my kids loved them. I don't think they are very healthy, I don't think any canned food is healthy. But for an occasional quick lunch or dinner I like the convenience.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 8:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My now 4 year old never liked them, and he was and still is very pickey
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• They are quick, but really a waste of money if you can perpare yourself.
    NOV1999

Answer by NOV1999 at 7:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My DD hate them they taste like crap and really a waste of $$. My DD really likes those side dishes noodles they come in all different kinds and sh loves them. Broccoli cheddar cheese w/bow tie , four cheese and shells, vegetable medley w/noodles.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:01 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I'm torn on them. They are quick and easy. They seem over priced for what you get. My kids did like them but like a previous poster said they don't come in any thing i can't just make and with less sodium to boot. I still use those some for travel. I also at one point when my DD was young started buying the Chef Boyardee ravioli and washing all of the sauce off every once in a while for a quick meal. It was pasta pick ups that I could eat the rest of. lol. I would be more concerned, personally, about her becoming accustomed to being served her own meal and always expecting to be served what she wants. I personally would not want to get into the routine of becoming my child's short order chef. That's just me.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:07 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Waste of money. Feed them what you eat. If they don't eat, they don't eat. They will eat at some point. If you let them be picky, they'll stay that way. Nip it in the bud and put food in front of her and have her eat. If she doesn't, then let her down...but no other food until the next meal.
    Anonymous

• As far as being healthy, I'm not sure. I doubt just because they come in a can makes then not healthy. With that said, I agree with PP. They are very over priced but very convenient too. I keep them on hand for those instances when I don't cook dinner or when we are having something DD can't have. I don't feed them to her all the time, or even very often for that matter.
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 8:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• don't bother with them. work with your daughter and her eating habits.

not healthy
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I think they are over-priced and taste lousy. If you are going for something quick, try the chef boy ar dee forkables. Much cheaper, and the same stuff, basically
    Anonymous