Moms of Pre-K/Kindergarden Kids

My 4yr old will be heading out to school with her big sister for Pre-K. I was wondering what time do you plan to have your Pre-Schooler bathed and tucked into bed during school nights. Right now she goes to bed anytime between 9-9:30pm. I'm thinking she should be down no later than 8:30pm.

Ladybugkisses76

Asked by Ladybugkisses76 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in

• I have 3 kids but 2 of them are in school. One is 5 and will be starting Kindergarten and the other is 8 and starting 3rd grade. We eat at 5:30 when my Husband gets home, play for a bit, go for walk or hangout outside and then about 7:30 we start baths and books. I do baths and my Husband reads. They are in bed by 8:00 and usually asleep by 8:30. I always do baths at night so it's one less thing in the morning to do. Since it's summer they go to bed no later than 9:30 as well and I will be getting them on the school schedule in the next week or so.

mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 8:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Both my kids go to bed at 8 pm regardless of school or not. its the only way to make sure they get enough rest for school!!
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 8:12 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My son is in bed by 7:30 8 at the latest. He is almost 5 and starting Kindergarten this year.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:13 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• 8 pm every night. Kids this age still need 11-12 hours of sleep (per the notes that my daughters kindergarten teacher sent home every month). But my kids have always gone to bed at 8 pm, lol. My 4 year old also still has an hour nap every afternoon too (my 6 year old still takes a nap on weekends and this summer). There were several kids in my daughters kindergarten class who were emotional and fell asleep in class (hence the notes). You just want to make sure they get all the sleep they need.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:18 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Mine go to bed between the hours of 7:30 and 8:00...sometimes a bit after.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:22 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Thank you guys so much I think I'll insist that she goes to bed at 8pm at the latest instead of 8:30pm. I know she won't like that but she'll be a much happier kid in class if she get's all the sleep she needs. My 11yr old 6th grader's bed time will continue to be 9:30pm.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Bedtime has been 7pm in our house since my oldest started school. This year I'm planning to up it to 8pm. My kids get up at 6am (no matter when they go to bed) so they need their sleep. Even my oldest went to bed at 7pm on school nights (she was 8).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• 8 pm is lights out in our house during the school year. They are usually asleep by 8:30. My kids are 10, 6, 6, & 5. The 15 y.o. stays up until 9:30 & lights out at 10. My SS who is 10 is a morning person & will try to get everyone out of bed at 5 am, no matter what time he goes to sleep at night. We finally had to insist on an 8 pm bedtime b/c the younger ones were not getting enough sleep. This way, even if SS wakes them up, they are still pretty good throughout the day.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My daughter is starting Kindergarten in about a month and she is really fighting me on going to sleep, so yea she is for sure going to start going to bed earlier (plus I am starting school in like 3 weeks)
    Miss.Angel30

Answer by Miss.Angel30 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My kids are bathed after dinner (which we usually do around 6pm). They are in the bath by 7ish and then we have movie time. Its time for all of us to sit down, lights out, and have quiet time. They usually pass out during the movie but bed time is 9pm. My children are 7 and 5. 1st grade and kindergarten.
    MeganECox

Answer by MeganECox at 10:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2009