What is the best teething medicine i can give my 6 month old?

victoriak12708

Asked by victoriak12708 at 8:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• motrin- IF the Dr says it is okay
    Anonymous

• I use baby tylenol for my daughter. It seems to calm her down. I use it along with the Orajel, which she absolutely hates though. But once she calms down, that also seems to work.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 8:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• ice!!!
    I have tried every thing. I would give them some sort of pain medicine like motrum (seems to work the best and lasts the longest), but IMO ice seems to relieve my LO the best. Even better than the freezy rings.
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 8:30 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• freezing a wet rag. i've given my kids sugarless popscicles to soothe gums, teething tablets are a godsend! and good old orajel. get the baby toothbrush and rub it along the gums. also go to walmart they have a vibrating teething ring. my daughter and my son loved it!
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Motrin works well and so do the teething tablets. Please don't freeze anything. That is no longer recommended. It can cause ice crystals which can (and do) cut the babies gums.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 9:13 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Teething tablets.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2009