How do you?

keep from snacking after 8pm? I can't do it, I try, but I always feel hungry!

travswifey

Asked by travswifey at 8:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't really know. But I would try eating ice.
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 8:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• if you must snack..eat fruits and drink water...you have to retrain your body
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 8:12 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Yeah, I was thinking that. I'll have to go to the grocery store and get some stuff. Thanks!

I love chewing on ice, but I heard chewing ice is bad for your teeth?
    travswifey

Answer by travswifey at 8:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• chewing on ice will break your teeth...try the fruit first...
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 9:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Call a friend and talk to them for 5-10mins, by that time, your craving will be over. Make sure you CALL them because is the whole mouth moving thing that you really need. :)
    RyansMom0604

Answer by RyansMom0604 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Try a meal replacement shake, the ones I use are only 165 calories, and work out to be about a dollar a day, I like that they are a little on the sweet side, and if I mix in some ice it thickens up a little more...otherwise just keep trying..being focused on the issue is the best thing any of us can do to tackle it.
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 11:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Eat a full dinner that is rich in protein and fiber. Protein and fiber help keep you feeling full.

Aim for lean meats (chicken, fish) and whole grains, as well as plenty of vegetables, which have fiber. (Green beans, spinach...). Drink a glass of milk with your meal.

If you get hungry, go for a short walk.

Make a large cup of tea and sip it--works for me!
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 2:28 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I know you can hun! With the way our minds works you can stop if you really want to, mabey if your having trouble sleeping try to stay busy or get some sleep. It may e easier too continue for a little longer just minimizing how much you eat and slowly replace it with water.

Good luck hun!
    Emo_mommy

Answer by Emo_mommy at 4:39 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Thanks girls, I'm going to try all the suggestions! I really need to do this for myself and to wow the hubs when he gets home. :)
    travswifey

Answer by travswifey at 7:22 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Cravings only last for so long. I agree, give a call to a friend, go outside to the car for a few. Anthing to take your mind off of wanting that unnessecary snack.
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 8:16 AM on Jul. 28, 2009