First period after miscarrying

I miscarried on June 25th and am finally feeling like my old self. I got my period two days ago and started the pill, expecting a lot more bleeding than usual because that's what everyone said would happen. Well now I'm on day three and am having a little bit of cramping, but really just spotting. I forgot to put a tampon in and freaked out an hour later, but there wasn't anything.

Has this happened to anyone else?

ours

Asked by ours at 8:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had a miscarrage 2 years ago, sorry you had to go thru that, it's normal to have a few abnormal periods after a miscarrage, your body is readjusting itself. i was really depressed for a long time after mine and i finally relized it was just Gods way of telling me that i wasnt ready yet. im 7 months preg now, so i guess he decided that i was ready, if you need someone to chat with feel free to message me.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• It was definitely hard. I was going into my second trimester and had already told every friend, family member, even people at the grocery store and bank. I was really excited to be pregnant again. People said that I was crazy, but I love being a mom so much. It just feels right.

Now that it's just *me* and the little man though, I guess it worked out. I get a little more time for my son and can have a little more fun before going through those 9-10 months where you can't do anything.

I'm so sorry that you had a miscarriage as well, but I'm glad that you're pregnant now. :]
    ours

Answer by ours at 8:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2009