ok so i just moved to lafayette colorado and wanted to enroll my 3 year old in kindercare..

I really need reviews on this , im verey over protective and it would give me peace of mind lol if anyone could have it would be fabulous!!

bubbles31200

Asked by bubbles31200 at 8:21 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• You really need to check with the state board on the one you want to put him in. Just because it is a well known name doesn't mean it is good. I am in Colorado also and just a couple of weeks ago, one of the kindercares is under investigation due to one of the caregivers hurting a child.
    Just check with the state board to make sure there have been no complaints against them.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 8:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• i'm not sure about your state, but i know that virginia has it to where you can go to the government website, and look up a daycare/preschool, and it will show you when they inspected it, and if there were any citations that they had. if there were, they will tell you what they were as well. i'd check that out. every daycare has at least 1 citation, so you mainly want to look into what kind they have. like if it's just some paperwork, a mom forgot to turn in a shot record or something, then i'd say that's fine. you need to look for stuff like, "left cleaning supplies out in the open or unlocked" something like that.

if you don't have a site, they should have it on file, and i don't think they can keep it from you.

You kind of want to go by word of mouth. it may be a great well known name, but working at a well known daycare myself, i know that it's just that, a known name. some centers are great, some aren't so great
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• our babysitter is a kindercare employee. it's top notch
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I worked in a kindercare and I would never, ever send my children there. I would stop by without an appointment. Check out the government website. If your state doesn't have a website you can probably call and ask. As someone else said, just because it has that name means nothing. There are good ones and bad ones.
    Anonymous