Can a very early miscarriage go almost unnoticed?

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes, My Dr said it was like almost 30% or something like that.

• Yes, a very early MC can look just like a period with a few clots

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:30 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Isn't that called a chemical pregnancy, or is that something different?

Answer by toriandgrace at 8:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I had a period at the very end of April/first couple days of May, and was having unprotected sex with my SO after that. My period was late the following month....way later than it has ever been before....I had no normal pre-period symptoms and it was suddenly heavy, crampy, and with small clots. I didn't think anything of it.....just an abnormal period or something for some reason....but now I've started to wonder if it could have been an extremely early it possible? -OP

• Yes I often wonder if I've had early miscarriages in the past. Some of my periods had me worried, with big clots and a LOT of blood. And some are just normal. I've only had maybe 2 or 3 of the bad ones, so who knows, but it is definately a possibility.

Answer by jmpeskie at 8:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I'd had "that feeling"...the same way I did when I got pregnant with my daughter....but I hadn't gotten around to taking a test I guess I can't really know....but since I've been reading about it (and yes, it's called chemical pregnancy, I looked it up) it sounds EXACTLY like what wen on. -OP

• yes. i'm pretty sure it happened to me, it must have been less than 1 wk aftr conception

Answer by charisma10 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Is it something I should tell my SO about...just that it is a possibility that it happened? -OP