Is it weird to start dating when you are pregnant?

I have been talking to a guy and he is considering dating me even though he does know that I am pregnant. I still think that it is a little weird but he is a friend of two of my friends and they said that we are perfect for each other. I am still a little iffy because I got pregnant under the worst circumstances and afraid that another guy is going to hurt me. I dont know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I would wait. He might get scared once the baby is born, see that it's a lot to handle, and not want to be involved. And you are the one who will most likely get hurt in the end, especially if you really end up liking him. If he's worth it, he'll wait. But that's just my opinion.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 8:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I would think, what is wrong with a guy that dates a women that is pregnant by another man. I say EEWW!!! Tell him for now "lets just be friends".

Answer by louise2 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Yes and No. If your single and feeling lonely during this hard time its very understandable. But also this is a time to focus on yourself and that baby, not about getting into a new relationship. Probably best to stick to hanging out with friends and maybe going out often to keep your mind off being lonely. Because once that baby arrives, youll be busy busy. Then of course after time, and your feeling like yourself again go out on that date with that special someone. If this guy really cares, he'll wait around, and not make it serious now, ya know?
    Anonymous

• "I say EEWW!!!"
    Seriously? How immature are you?

With the fact that your hormones all over the place and you're probably scared about whats ahead I would say no, dont date him.
    Just be friends. If a couple months after the baby is born you both still feel the same then go for it.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 9:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I would wait if it was me(and it was last year!). Hormones change, and you may be crazy abou thim now and hate him in a year or two when your hormones settle down. Friends is a good idea and if he sticks around maybe he's a decent guy. kwim?
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 9:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My sister was pregnant with her 2nd child when she started dating a guy... He accepting the child as his own. they got married... They are still together 18yrs later & they look at each other as though they just met yesterday... He raised his 2 stepkids & their 2 kids equally! He loves all of them & supports them all like they are his blood..
    In fact. the one she was pregnant with (sadly, in a way) thinks thats her bio. dad!
    Anonymous

• Do what your heart tells you to do! Date him just let him know u would rather take it slowly or something?
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:41 PM on Jul. 27, 2009