difference in pros/cons for military branches?

Aside from the AF flying, the Army being on the ground, and the CG and the Navy being in the water, I know nothing about the differences between the military branches! I have done some research, but can someone give me the real deal before we talk to a recruiter? in as much detail as possible, please!

cornfamilyzoo

Asked by cornfamilyzoo at 8:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• They do different things. They can go to different places. Some are more physical active then others. My DH is retired army. He calles the Airforce and Navy the lazy part of the Military.

Answer by louise2 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Not trying to start anything ok.

Answer by louise2 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Well you did forget the Marines :o) LOL

My husband is a 4 year Marine Grunt just getting into the Army.

What are your specific questions?
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 11:52 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• im a navy wife here...i can try to answer any questions that you might have :-)

and like the anonymous poster said do not sign the line until you have all your questions answered...i know some recruiters do lie to you but some recruiters are awesome :-)

i hope you find what youre looking for :-)
    thenguyenclan

Answer by thenguyenclan at 2:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I'm an Air Force wife, before that I dated or had close friends in every branch. My husband works finance so he definately falls into the "lazy" reputation of the AF lol. But they really all do different things. My husband has been in three years and only deployed voluntarily. I can tell you the great thing about AF is they generally have shorter deployments.
    Any and all of them are hard though. You have to move about every four years, you deal with deployments, and being away from family not to mention the time away for training.
    But on the plus side it is a steady job, and in this economy one to be very greatful for! The men and women you will come to know are some of the best and most friendly people ever! I would say go ahead and talk to a recruiter. They are going to be able to tell him his best options he can talk to one from every branch before he decides and they will give him all the ins and outs.
    lovelanalee

Answer by lovelanalee at 4:48 PM on Jul. 30, 2009