Fleas... Help

My boyfriend and i got to baby kittens from my friend dad place. what we did not know was the kittens has fleas on them. We went to the store to get fleas bath and flea collars but their was nothing for kittens under 12 weeks. These kittens are 5 weeks old. They were born on fathers day. What can we do to make the fleas go away?? Somone said use dawn soap and warm water. We did that and it did not work verry well. Any thing else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pets

• is there a pet smart in your area or call a vet in your area and they can tell you what kind of over the counter you can use and they do not answer you call another vet...
    lilDonna

Answer by lilDonna at 8:58 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Hi - Yes they are very young - how about some D.Earth / organic and human grade natural powder / see here:  I use it on my dogs, cats, and goats....

SEE here for links:  All Natural products

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Alternative-Medicine-Pets-3721/2009/4/Natural-flea-tick-control.htm

nuvetmarie

Answer by nuvetmarie at 10:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• With Kittens I suggest if you try bathing them 2-3 times a day, useing an old pair of stockings cut off pieces that you can fill with Oatmeal (it will help with the itches) and tose the oat stockings in with the kitties and it is the same home remidie for chicken poxs for children it works well on itchies, and the bathing will eventually get rid of the flees, also ask your vet though.
    pandabear81

Answer by pandabear81 at 1:35 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• From my understanding fleas don't normally live and breed on the cats, they do that in the grass and carpet and jump on the pet to feed. If they are outdoor kittens you need to treat your yard, not sure about age and safety as I have an indoor cat.
    For an indoor cat you normally need to do the bath and then the collar, but the most important thing is to vacuum daily anywhere the kittens are allowed to be. You vacuum daily until there are no more signs of fleas. This is the safest way to rid your house and therefore kittens of fleas. Last resort would be to vacate and set off a flea bomb.
    If your kittens are indoor outdoor, you need to treat your lawn and vacuum daily.
    kristinas8

Answer by kristinas8 at 9:46 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Oh I almost forgot you can also purchase a flea comb. Your kittens will love it!
    kristinas8

Answer by kristinas8 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 29, 2009