Have any of you conducted any research on Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel (Rahm's brother)?

Dr. Emanuel is the special advisor to Peter Orzag, Obama's director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).

"Emanuel has written in medical journals of how health care should be rationed, with priority given to younger people over seniors and over those suffering from dementia, according to John Goodman, president of the National Center for Policy Analysis (NCPA). Ezekiel also believes that very young children should be lower on the priority list than younger people who have received public educations."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Obama-advisor-would-deny-medical-care-to-seniors-demented-51414342.html

There are MANY more links available--this is the only one I could find that summed things up succinctly!

Still want to believe that ObamaCare (as is currently written) is a good thing?!

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 8:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yoshi, do you just come on here to rile people up? If you don't want to read the info, why bother with p and ce?

Lori- the further I get into the group our President surrounds himself with, the more concerned I get. There are some serious nutjobs roaming around DC these days.

I just don't understand how anyone of a reasonable intelligence can say that this is a good idea. Every person in favor of it seems to think it's going to be utopia for them, and they haven't even really looked into it!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:32 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• How is this related to the health care plan that Obama is trying to push?

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• nevermind
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I'd read about this just after the election. Thanks for the info!
    realtorshelly

Answer by realtorshelly at 8:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Yes I knew about him.Obama has ties to all kind's of nut job's as you know...Holdren his Science czar and Daschle.I believe it would be a nightmare.My grandmother has dementia.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:49 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• If that's true that defiantly would not fly in my book! but the good thing about things like this, is if its true its not going to go into affect and if it does, we can have it changed. That system would fail. My mother personally works with Mentally ill patients and I think limiting their care is medieval. Although they will never serve a purpose in the world, that I agree they won't... but that does not give anyone the right to determine whether they are worth caring for.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• When is this nation going to wake up and realize they have elected Hitler as President of the USA? Will it be to late or are people really that stupid?
    Anonymous

• but the good thing about things like this, is if its true its not going to go into affect and if it does, we can have it changed.

***
    Really? You think once we have a National Health Care Plan, we can just stomp our little feet, and politicians are going to shake in their boots?! No. Once it's a "done deal" that's it! It will take a lifetime to repeal the hidden agenda!

THAT is why this Bill needs to be scrapped, and ALL of this crap needs to be looked over with a fine tooth comb!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:02 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My grandmother has served a HUGE purpose in this world.She herself took care of the elderly in their home's for many year's.She was alway's a hard worker she grew up on a farm in VA.She still serve's a purpose in this world she isn't able to do near as before but she sure serve's a purpose to me and her great grandbabie's.I will be damned if anyone is going to tell her she should just die already.....I will be the one going midevil then.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Agree Lori.I mean hmm look at other govy program's that are for shit and yet they are still hanging around.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:05 PM on Jul. 27, 2009